Friday, October 16, 2009

Goodbye, Chauntel

On Wednesday, Chauntel called me and said that she had unexpectedly moved up her departure date for her move to Arizona to Friday. I of course was shocked, and made immediate arrangements to come up to Longview Thursday, the following day. I drove up after my 10:30 class and arrived around 2:00 in the afternoon. I hung out with Chuantel as she did her last minute errands and said her last goodbyes. We played games in the evening and talked about our plans. She was excited about leaving, but we were both sad to say goodbye. She was supposed to leave on the 6:00 AM flight this morning, but when she got there it she was told that her dog carrier wasn't the right kind, so she had to go back to the front desk and purchase a different one, which made her miss her flight. She ended up leaving at around 12:00ish. Note to self: never fly southwestern with a pet! They don't let you check them underneath so you either have to carry the carrier on your lap or purchase another seat for them! Crazy. So she eventually made it to Arizona, and she messaged me on Facebook to say that she got there safely. I really hope we can find a time to visit eachother either over spring break or in the Summer.

So this week, my best friend of 9 years moved 1,305 miles away from me. How's your week been?

1 comment:

Chris/Jan said...

Glad you were able to come up and say goodbye in person.